[mythtv] dvb problems

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Tue Feb 1 16:54:24 EST 2005

Taylor Jacob <mailto:rtjacob at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Quoting Torbjörn Jansson <torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se>:
>
>> When i schedule recordings on some channels the recordings end up as
>> zero lenght files. I can't find anything special in the logfile from
>> mythbackend about why it woud fail. The same channel works just fine
>> in vdr so i know that the drivers and the subscription card is
>> working. I've attached a logfile from mythbackend when it's started
>> with "-v all"
>
> 2005-02-01 21:41:41.429 DVB#0 PID 4102 is scrambled
> 2005-02-01 21:41:41.433 DVB#0 PID 4614 is scrambled
> 2005-02-01 21:41:41.434 DVB#0 PID 4358 is scrambled
>
> It looks like your cam isn't working in myth at least.. I
> will have to defer you
> to Jesper for this one.. I never see those PIDs becoming unscrambled
> so thats why it doesn't record anything into the file..

You are right, now that you mention it, a few days ago i used to get more
messages about it geting unscambled, i think it was something with CA.
I have recorded shows from atleast one channel that now doesn't work, and
that was a few days ago.

>> And if i run the setup and do a channel scan it never completes, it
>> hangs at 28% and then i have to abort the scan.
>
> Can you send a console log from setup?

I did a new scan and now it completed, i think i didn't wait long enough for
it to complete.
So it was probably my fault.

>> I just though i shoud report this now that 0.17 is geting closer.
>
> The sooner we find out about things like this the sooner they can get
> fixed..

Exactly.