[mythtv] dvb problems

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Tue Feb 1 16:35:00 EST 2005

Torbjörn Jansson skrev:

>When i schedule recordings on some channels the recordings end up as zero
>lenght files.
>I can't find anything special in the logfile from mythbackend about why it
>woud fail.

2005-02-01 21:41:41.429 DVB#0 PID 4102 is scrambled
2005-02-01 21:41:41.433 DVB#0 PID 4614 is scrambled
2005-02-01 21:41:41.434 DVB#0 PID 4358 is scrambled

The streams are scrambled so all packets are dropped. Do you have a CAM?
If you do it doesn't seem to be found by Myth. Maybe your DVB driver
doesn't report the number of CI slots correctly, or there is some other
problem with that piece of code? The check for CI slots was recently
added because some people were confused by the error message "unable to
initialize CI handler" (because they didn't have a CAM) so now we only
try to initialize it if there is a CI slot detected. Please take a look
at the constructor in dvbcam.cpp and maybe do a printf to see the number
of slots it finds, or try removing that check and see if the problem
goes away...?