[mythtv] DVB-r8369: Can't switch channels occasionally

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Dec 23 10:45:28 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 16:28 +0100, Adam Egger wrote:
> Hi,
> Sometimes it's impossible to switch channels here when I watch livetv.
> LiveTV stays then on the last used channel forever without sound and
> the backend shows:
> 2005-12-23 16:16:25.209 DVBRec(0): PID 0x137 discontinuity detected
It looks like there is some problem with the stream we are not recovering
from. I'll look at your log...

> PS: Daniel what can be done to avoid the duplicate entries in the
> recording list (livetv group only) since you've closed the log as
> invalid.
These should be auto-expired in the current SVN. There was a time when
this wasn't happening and those old recordings may have to be manually
deleted, although I think they will be deleted once they are 7 days old.

The ticket unfortunately confused a display problem and expected
behaviour when recording from a DTV card. The display bug has
been fixed in SVN and the dummy recordings are expired within a
few minutes after we are no longer recording or watching it.

-- Daniel