[mythtv] MythWeb problem?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Thu Dec 22 21:32:52 EST 2005

Hello all,

Have decided to upgrade MythTV via SVN to incorporate all the DVB
subtitle bugfixes, works fine on my main playback machine (but not my
secondary machine but that's for another time) but I do most of my
management via the web interface, and I haven't updated mythtv for 3 1/2
months, so I decided to upgrade mythweb as obviously the old version
won't work with the new version of the backend.  Downloaded it via SVN,
backed up the old copy and copied the new version over and followed the
README file but I kept getting something like an "program_listing.php
file not found" errors.  After hitting it with a stick, gave up and
redownloaded the plugin via SVN, did the above again and now I get:

==================================
Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at biased.org and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

==================================

Looked in the logs, and found:

[Fri Dec 23 02:07:17 2005] [alert] [client 192.168.1.17]
/var/www/mythweb/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps
mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

So looked up on Google, and added in:

LoadModule rewrite_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_rewrite.so

and restarted apache and tried again.  Same error.  Back to the logs,
and I found:

[Fri Dec 23 02:22:17 2005] [alert] [client 192.168.1.17]
/var/www/mythweb/.htaccess: Invalid command 'AuthDigestFile', perhaps
mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server
configuration, referer: https://mythtv:80/mythweb/

Again, looked it up and tried:

LoadModule digest_auth_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_auth_digest.so

but this time on restarting Apache:

Can't locate API module structure `digest_auth_module' in file
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_auth_digest.so: /usr/lib/libapr-0.so.0:
undefined symbol: digest_auth_module

Googling for "Can't locate API module structure `digest_auth_module'"
gets zero results.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

The server is Apache v2.0.54 with PHP v4.3.10-15 on Debian Sarge.

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

Regards - Piers