[mythtv] Recording multiple channels on a single DVB transport

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 06:28:23 EST 2005

On Wednesday 21 Dec 2005 10:35, Allan Stirling wrote:
> I may be wrong, but it doesn't look (to me) like the difficult bit is with
> the physical recording infrastructure.
>
> It's with the scheduler.

You're right the scheduler is the more difficult part. That doesn't mean it
couldn't be written in an hour, just that it might take a while for someone
to see the best approach.

I might do some doodling in my spare time - that often gives me my best ideas.
Ignoring the current scheduling process might help - just focusing on how a
multiplex aware system would work and then folding that into the myth code.

I'm not sure a complete two pass system would be necessary or possible.
--
Stuart Morgan