[mythtv] Recording multiple channels on a single DVB transport

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Wed Dec 21 05:35:33 EST 2005

Ed W wrote:

>> The TVRec is built around one-recording per tuner.
>> But this is still possible.
>>

> I'm never going to have enough time now to code this, but it doesn't
> seem to be desperately hard to fiddle the architecture around to support
> this I think?

I may be wrong, but it doesn't look (to me) like the difficult bit is with the
physical recording infrastructure.

It's with the scheduler. Maybe I'm just not good enough at SQL, but I don't
see an easy way to rewrite the big ugly query so it's aware of dtv_multiplex
'deeply' enough.

It appears to me that you'd have to do a preliminary full schedule, then
'compact' it down onto a smaller set of tuners, then find recordings for any
of the newly freed tuner slots.

Cheers,

Allan.