[mythtv] LiveTV Recordings question

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Dec 19 11:43:07 EST 2005

Todd Tidwell wrote:

> Is there a plan to allow for disabling of the LiveTV recordings? I
> can, obviously, see the benefits of this for some users, but for me
> it’s worthless. It just clutters up my recording storage and tends to
> confuse who see the LiveTV recording group collections.
>
> I’ve got to say that I love the rest of what has happened to Myth in
> SVN since September. Things seems to be getting very tight and the
> features that I used to use SVN versions for because they weren’t in
> the stable releases now seem to be incredibly stable. Overall I’m
> incredibly happy. I just want to be able to turn off this LiveTV
> Recording thing.

Turn off the viewing of LiveTV recordings in Watch Recordings. As for
clutter, it has been discussed ad nauseum. The recordings will be the
first thing auto-expired when space is needed for other recordings so as
long as your auto-expiration settings are correct, the will never cause
an issue with regards to space.

Kevin

--
Looking for affordable webhosting?  http://www.sitecity.net