[mythtv] Audio stutter on black screens

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Thu Dec 15 18:10:07 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 11:31:09PM +0000, Stuart Morgan wrote:

> I wonder if we don't have two problems here? My issue only started with very
> recent SVN and affects almost all recordings. Those which use complete fade
> to black scene changes are most affected, but I just had the problem with a
> film during dark (but not black) scenes. An example would be the Sopranos at
> the end of the opening sequence - it fades to black, stutters and then
> recovers as the opening scene appears.

Hmmm, thinking out loud here, but it's almost like the data rate
drops too low for the decoder at this point. Would make sense since
a pure black screen would have a very low data rate compared to a
much more colourful screen.

If you up for trying out a wild stab in the dark try reverting the
most recent ffmpeg resync commit...

> Nothing on this system has changed except the version of Myth installed and
> I've never seen the problem before.
> --
> Stuart Morgan

Cheers,