[mythtv] IPTV in mythtv, the 'official' start?

Markus Nilsson markus.nilsson at fyrplus.se
Thu Dec 15 10:41:58 EST 2005

Hi!

I've read in the old mailing lists and in the irc log that a few people
are starting to work on iptv support in mythv, i.e., receive mpeg-ts
streams via multicast UDP as a video source. I've just started up my
subscription and can view the channels via vlc, and want them in mythtv
for obvious reasons.

I'm guessing I could make an ugly hack by creating a /dev/video1 which
handles the ioctl calls that are usually sent to a ivtv device and make
it work. However, if someone else has started to work on a better
solution, I am happy to lend my hand and help out. I have done a fair
share of programming but I'm not a linux-expert though...

Regards
Markus, Sweden