[mythtv] Weired behaviour with FE and BE on the same machine

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Wed Dec 14 10:36:39 EST 2005

> --===============0498539247==
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm using SVN 8135 and I had working live TV when I used the backend
> with a remote frontend on my notebook. But when I use the frontend on
> the machine that also runs the backend, I got totally weired live TV.
> Some channels can only be tuned after several retrys, some are very
> jumpy like with low signal levels, I also got some backed crashes.
>
> I use DVB-T. Is this a known problem? I'll try to capture a backend
> backtrace, but this won't help with the other problems.

Hi Tino,

I think you are experiencing the same as me and some other Finnish
posters here (See old subjects: "SVN and LiveTV" and "LiveTV freezes frontend"
.
Nice to know that this is not a Finnish problem, but could
be a DVB-T problem. (I think we all have that in common). I also suspect that
the numbers of tuners (only one for me) somehow affects it.

This leaves us quite in a minority here  and I am not settings my hope very
high
in getting a quick fix rendering MythTV SVN is usable again :-(

Dag