[mythtv] Commercial Detector questions

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Fri Dec 9 09:41:12 EST 2005

Chris Pinkham and interested persons,

I've been messing with the commercial detector in 18.1 (very similar to svn
version) to improve detection of Australian ads.  Here is what I've found so
far using the ALL method:

 - Strict is better because otherwise all white screens detected as blanks.

 - Australia doesn't have blanks between ads so changed MAX_COMM_LENGTH to
match MAX_COMM_BREAK_LENGTH (is this the right thing to do?)

 - Patch to 18.1 to zero formatCount and use format instead of aspect

 - Patches to match my global record before of 5 minutes and after 10 minutes
	- Pick format from 5 minutes to last 10 minutes
	- Move Logo detecting 6 minutes in and if not detected try in 15 minutes in
	(it maybe more sensible to reduce my before time to 1 minutes)

Does commercial detection hang if never 8 minutes of video for logo detection?

Does it make sense to +10 score when format matches?  My understanding is
format matches mean either show or ad.  And format non matches mean ad.

Having no experience with Fuzzy Logic I'm very impressed.

Thanks,
Paul