[mythtv] SVN issues

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Dec 3 18:04:18 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 22:02 +0100, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 20:28 +0100, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> >> I created a few "No signal" pngs and i managed to regenerate the
> >> dummy streams with mkdummyts.sh. I used mythfrontend to tune in to
> >> an encrypted channel and for a short while i was able to see my
> >> green "No signal" text for a short while and then the frontend
> >> exited livetv with "Error was encountered while displaying video"
> >> and when i pressed the OK button in to get rid of the error message
> >> the screen when all black.
> > Hmmm, I'd need a backend log with record,channel and frontend
> > log with
> > playback,file to try to figure out what went wrong here.
> >
> > There is still a problem with ring buffer switching that I haven't
> > tracked down, but it seems if we enter the prebuffering pause in
> > the NVP before the any frames have been decoded the frames never
> > get decoded.
> I've attached the frontend and backend logs with the -v options you wanted.
What revision is this? Some of the output looks like the output from
weeks old code, while other output isn't even enabled without changing
the code.

The problem here seems to be that the stream is encrypted and you
have allowed encrypted streams to be tunable. The signal monitor
doesn't know anything about access control other than whether it is
present or not, if you don't have access to the channel it can't help
you. In this case it is a stream that you have "No right" to so the
recording fails. You must delete such channels from your lineup, or
implement some access control checking in the DVBSignalMonitor.

> > BTW If you are using the Microsoft Media Player library it has many,
> I wasn't using a real mediaplayer, i was using graphedit, its a tool that
> allows you to experiment with directshow filters.
> The mpeg2 decoder i used was an opensource one, the reason for that is
> because most closed source have anti debuging code that makes it realy hard
> to debug my filters.
I just wanted to warn you in case you were using that library. If not most
other libraries are pretty good, they tend to be based on the Berkeley
reference implementation which is very standards compliant.

> > Hmmm, does your record file prefix end with a slash "/" character?
> > If so I'm surprised you can make recordings at all.
> > It's probably something we should check for...
> Yes, i have the record file prefix set to /mnt/store/ but that's how i've
> always had it and it has never been a problem.
> I don't think i've changed that setting for, hmmm... Maybe a year or so,
> probably more.
Ok, it doesn't seem to be a problem the Qt & C libraries, both seem to
just collapse double slashes to a single slash.

> >> 2005-12-03 16:12:06.231 WriteStringList: Error, writing to
> >> unconnected socket.
> > The backend probably died somehow if the you are getting these on the
> > frontend.
> That was the log from the backend.
Hmmm, frontend went out to lunch then?

> I have coredumps turned on, but i can never get anything usefull from them
> with gdb. To load a coredump i use "gdb -c the_core_dump_file"
> I can get a backtrace but they never contain any symbol info, it's like gdb
> have forgotten to load the debug symbols or something.
> Or maybe i'm doing something wrong.
I dunno. You may have load the libraries into gdb to get the symbols.
Most of the MythTV code is in the libmythtv.so library.

-- Daniel