[mythtv] Update on current DVB problems

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Aug 27 17:53:06 UTC 2005

Here is an update on the problems as I know about them.

The first three should be easy to fix once I get the debug info.

Fix Soon...

* Visible flag incorrectly set for some channels  (Glen Dragon)
    1/ Wait for printout of vct.toString() from Glen to diagnose.
* PMT always on first tune always fails CRC check (Allan Stirling)
    pmt->toString() data looks good, doesn't break w/dvbsnoop
    1/ Wait for printout of hardware string for PMT fubar list.
    2/ Google hardware/drivers for PMT rewriting bugs
* Got tables, but failed a lock check? (Peterson, Pansy, Stirling)
    1/ Wait for debug info. (wait_for_good_signal rev. 7153)
    + PAT & PMT ok.
    <<
      This only happens on one of my dvb-ttpci cards. The cards
      have different frontends. The other is OK, which would tend
      to indicate a driver problem. However, this worked OK before
      the signal monitoring stuff ;) If I swap the cards over, the
      problem follows the physical card. If I replace the wait for
      a signal code with wait for a lock status, it works.
    >> -- Allan
* Exiting Live TV when there is no signal broken  (Adam Egger)
    No idea why, but I have an idea of how to debug.

Fix Later...

* Encrypted channels not working                  (Torbjorn Jansson)
    No idea why, things look like they are working in logs.
* 7180 upto 7136 -- scheduled recordings fail     (David Shirley)
    1/ Wait for debug info (pmt.toString())
    It saw a PMT but it didn't match, as indicated by the "WaitForPMT"
    message, it means that the the streams are encrypted and
    cardinput.freetoair is set to one, or the PMT does not contain
    both a video and audio stream as detected by MythTV.
* no lock problem                                 (Neale Swinnerton)
    Recordings work but not LiveTV
* John Pullan's scan problem
    Looks like somehow nextIt isn't getting incremented.