[mythtv] livetv issue

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Aug 21 22:29:28 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 22:28 +1000, Mark Spieth wrote:
> I noticed there is no tune phase entering livetv record.
> Is this a problem?
Nope, this is intended behavior. The UI should tell you what
the signal is until it is good. So you can say adjust your
antenna... Then once the signal is good we begin looking for
DVB/ATSC tables. This is all handled in the event loop so you
can change the channel if you have tuned to an off-air channel.

> however this happens as a separate dvbchannel open/close phase in a
> non
> livetv recording and that works too ( failed once for me today though,
> partial log follows, no helpful details unfortunately. the one after
> recorded ok on same channel immediately following. is tune time
> marginal?
Maybe. It currently allows one second for the tables to arrive after
the signal is solid. 400 ms + a little extra should be suffient, but it
appears 1000 ms may not be sufficient. (See my msg on this from this
morning.)

> I have a log with all verbose on for the backend (attached). backend
> doesnt crash but frontend eventually does. backend no longer resoponds
> to requests from the frontend after. sorry no trace as yet. too busy
> today. will probably have time next weekend to chase this
Can you get a backtrace on the frontend?

-- Daniel