[mythtv] V4L2 API?

Martin Møller martin at martinm-76.dk
Fri Aug 19 00:12:13 UTC 2005

Torsdag 18 august 2005 16:31 skrev Daniel Kristjansson:
> On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 01:26 +0200, Martin Møller wrote:
> > Hi again.

[V4L1 may be deprecated soon]

> We try to use V4L2 when it works. When it doesn't we fall back to V4L1.
>
> If they drop V4L1 compat some hardware would stop working, but MythTV
> shouldn't need much in the way of changes.
>
> -- Daniel

Ah, good. Would that include software encoders like saa7134? About a year ago
I tried to make a patch that would select PAL-BG in stead of just 'PAL' when
tuning a channel, but it didn't work as I thought it would. Things may have
changed since then of course. Do you think it would be possible to specify
V4L2 standards also for capturecards at this time?

As you can see, I have quite a few standards to choose from, but only PAL-BG
is guaranteed to give me proper audio in my case...:

PAL PAL-BG PAL-I PAL-DK NTSC SECAM PAL-M PAL-Nc PAL-60

<Futz around with the code...> - It works! I will make a ticket shortly...
Yippee!

/Martin.