[mythtv] mythvideo: can see the myth theme when playing a video 16:9

Pascal Favre Pascal.Favre at gmx.net
Mon Aug 15 16:07:51 UTC 2005

Hello

I didn't recieve an answer on the myth-users list, so I hope to get one here.

In Mythvideo when I play 16:9 DVD-VOBs with the following command:
mplayer -vo x11 -alang de -cache 8192 -ao sdl -really-quiet -fs -zoom "$1"
I see the myth theme at the top and bottom of the screen.

Pressing Zoom to 4:3 and back again does not always work:
- The last video-image is now displayed at the top and bottom instead of the theme
- sometimes it does not return to 16:9 anymore

Starting mplayer from a script and calling 'xsetroot -bg black' didn't work.

Also when editing mythvideo\videdlg.cpp to
   # code from mythgallery where an option "SlideshowBackground" exists
   setPalette(QPalette(QColor("black")));
before playing the video didn't work.

I am using a normal 4:3 television, PVR-350 TV-OUT and fb,
Myth 18.1, MPlayer 1.0pre7.
Are other people experience the same problem ?
Does a workaround exist ?

Thanks
Pascal