AW: [mythtv] Re: Archiving Shows to DVD

Martin Bene martin.bene at icomedias.com
Mon Aug 15 15:16:54 UTC 2005

> Is there any way to add transcoding to mythburn? This
> could go along with the shrinking option that I mentioned a week ago
> when there is > 4gig of recording you want to put on a DVD.

Yes, it's certainly possible to add transcoding to mythburn; Just a
question what whoever wants to work on Mythburn misses most :-)

With the current state of the scripts I'd say basic functionality (pick,
choose menu options, burn) and distribution independence + installation
are covered in an acceptable way.

Next: new features.

Personal whishlist:
 - better support for multiple audio streams; try to a) get correct
audio descriptions abd b) put them onto DVD
 - let user pick audio streams to include or exclude to save space.
Not quite sure how best to handle that; seek 1/3 into the file, analyze
what streams are found and put them onto a selection menu on the next
page.

 - rate calculation before burning starts, optional bandwidth reduction;
I'll probably try tcrequant first.

Other stuff once this is done; might take a while as I don't have too
much time I can put into this.

Bye, Martin