[mythtv] OS X: couldn't find theme

Geoffrey Kruse gkruse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 14:59:48 UTC 2005

On Aug 10, 2005, at 8:29 AM, Michael J. Sherman wrote:

> I've been doing svn updates for my Mac OS X frontend for a while with
> the same make distclean; svn update; ./configure; qmake; make.
> Tonight, on trying to start up the front end, it quickly fails out
> with:
>
> Could not find theme: blue
> Couldn't find theme blue
>
> The themes are in the correct locations under /usr/local/share/mythtv/
> themes/, and I can't find anything that I've done differently. Any
> ideas on this?  I also tried wiping all DB entries from the
> settings table for this frontend, but even on a clean install I
> still get this problem.  Any way to determine exactly where it is
> attemping to look for the themes?

I have found on my mac when it can't find the themes, If I copy the
themes dir to ~/.mythtv/themes it will find them there.  You can
watch to see where myth is trying to look for the themes by running
sudo fs_usage |grep myth in the terminal.  Also, I have started doing
weekly builds that I will post online.  The first one can be found
here: http://willamette.edu/~gkruse/MythFrontend-SVN-7004-With-
Plugins.dmg

With this build, I have not experienced the theme problems that used
to plague me.  Truthfully, I don't know what changed.  Finally, You
could try the build script that I used for this to build your own.
Here is the link http://willamette.edu/~gkruse/osx-packager.pl

Geoff Kruse