[mythtv] seek ahead slow on remote ringbuffer

Juan Ignacio Gaudio jgaudio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 12:16:22 EDT 2005

I have two separate installations of mythtv on two different computers
and I need to watch livetv on both computers at the same time. So far,
I've managed to, while watching livetv on one computer, pick up the
ringbuffer as a recording on the other (by changing to the
watchingPreRecorded state). But when I try to "skip ahead" or to "jump
ahead", it does it really slowly and it takes too much time to reach
the end of the buffer.
I think the problem has something to do with the abscence of a valid
remote encoder in this state, which as I suspect, from analysing the
code, it's the one that provides the information to do the seeking
correctly when the nuv file is still increasing its size.
I wanted to know if someone had tried something similar or had a
similar problem, or if someone knew more about the role of the remote
encoder in the process of seeking ahead.