[mythtv] Overscan doing weird things (wrapping) with bob deinterlace

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Apr 30 16:34:59 UTC 2005

Joe Barnhart wrote:
> --- Kyle Rose <krose+mythtv at krose.org> wrote:
>
>>FWIW, I've (incorrectly) had non-zero overscan and scan displacement
>>on
>>my desktop frontend for a long time; since the videoout_xv.cpp
>>changes,
>>the top X lines of each frame have appeared at the bottom of the
>>display
>>window, and everything else has been moved up by X lines.  This
>>effect
>>disappears when I zero out the overscan stuff.
>

> There is a "horzontal overscan" issue with the current nVidia driver,
> whether using XvMC or not.  It only occurs with 1080i output, and

That would be an entirely different issue. There are three or
four bugs that crept in during Daniel's recent changes and I didn't
want to nit pick while major changes were still underway. This is
probably overdue =).

Bob frames mis-align when myth's vertical overscan is greater than
zero. This has been a regression since the XV/XvMC merge patch ~4/22.

To reproduce, go to TV Setting->Playback. Set "Deinterlace playback"
with "Bob" on the first page. On page 8, Overscan, set Vertical
over/underscan percentage to 6. Next then Finish. Start playback.
The picture is centered too high with the top cutoff and the bottom
has a mis-colored flickering area. Press Pause or any key that
changes the playback speed and the frame will be centered again
until normal playback continues.

--  bjm