[mythtv] Re: Some woblies in mythweb

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Tue Apr 26 04:05:22 UTC 2005

Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> writes:

>> 1) The .htaccess file tries to set the memory_limit to 32M. First,
>> based on my experience in 0.16, this is probably too low. Second, for
>> whatever reason, this was parsed as 32 bytes!
>
> Some apache installations only send integer values to php.  The
> .htaccess file should cover this in a comment before the php_value
> settings.  Nothing I can do about your apache config.

Couldn't you set it to 33554432 instead of 32M? That way the only
failure mode would be if php_value was ignored, and then it would use
the value in php.ini, which is better than 32 bytes! It wasn't
terribly obvious that the source of the problem was the .htaccess
file. I found it more by luck than anything. Maybe you need something
more explicit in the README for thickies like me!

>> 3) In the "Program Details" page, the text for the advanced options
>> don't line up with the boxes. It looks like it's a bit too large. It
>> starts ok, but creeps down so the "End Late:" string lines up with the
>> "Update Recording Settings" button. BTW, I have a minimum font size set
>> in my browser, if that makes a difference
>
> browser?  what's the minimum font?  Seems to me that it'd be a browser
> bug -- those boxes aren't set to a specific height, just width.
> Sounds like a case of your browser rendering them with the font I
> specify, and then painting the text with your minimum font size.

I tried turning off the minimum font size, but no difference. This is
with firefox 1.0.3 on Linux. The old one used a table instead of a dl
to lay out the advanced options, and that worked properly, so it
probably is a browser bug. Why switch to a dl instead of sticking with
the table?

>> 4) clicking on backend status gives me
>> Warning at /home4/WWW/mythweb/status.php, line 23:
>> file("http://192.168.0.12:6544") - No such file or directory Warning at /home4/WWW/mythweb/status.php, line 23:
>> Bad arguments to implode()
>> which is odd, since implode("\n",
>> file("http://$masterhost:$statusport")) is almost straight out of
>> the manual, and the url works on it's own, so
>> it's probably not an http or backend problem
>
> Sounds like you don't have url support built into php's file()
> routine, or it's disabled in php.ini (ie. apache isn't reading
> php_value properly from .htaccess)
>
> http://us4.php.net/manual/en/ref.filesystem.php#ini.allow-url-fopen

It's turned on in php.ini, but it looks like the .htaccess burned me
again. I guess On means off for me!
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571