[mythtv] XVideo XvMC VLD broken

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Mon Apr 25 22:00:25 UTC 2005

Terry Barnaby wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 21:41 +0100, Terry Barnaby wrote:
>>
>>> My enclosed attachments show some part of the sequence before changing
>>> the channel (working1) and the first bit after (bug1).
>>> The Via XvMC system gets a XvMCLoadQMatrix(),XvMCBeginSurface()
>>> sequence then a lot of XvMCFlushSurface(), XvMCSyncSurface() (Getting
>>> rid of buffers ????) then a XvMCPutSlice2() that fails as it no
>>> longer owns the decoder (No XvMCBeginSurface() after the last
>>> XvMCSyncSurface().
>>

>> See my last message. I think the new channel change implementation may
>> remove this problem, since we won't delete the context at all.
>> But we will delete and create surfaces one at a time, so this may
>> cause other problems.
>>
>> -- Daniel

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I don't think there is an issue with closing and re-opening the
> context in XvMC VLD. So I am note sure your channel change
> system will affect the problem.
>
> There appears to be a more fundemental problem in avcodec after
> a channel change.
> The XVMC_VLD_field_end() function is continuely called without
> any XVMC_VLD_field_start() calls. It appears that avcodec is
> trying to decode garbage ....
>
> Terry

Hi Another point of information,

If the DVB-T frond end is set to PS rather than TS mode then
the channel change happens and XvMC VLD carries along quite happily
without any "This context does not own decoder!" messages.
The Vido output does fall over with a " Timed out waiting for free
video buffers" after a bit though.

There are other MythTv issues with av_remove_stream() could this
be something to do with the problem ....

Terry