[mythtv] DVB channel won't scan

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Mon Apr 25 15:06:06 UTC 2005

Taylor Jacob wrote:
> There is no cached VCT for myth to use when its scaning.. There is nothing I can
> really do about doing a scan when the VCT isn't present other than make some
> educated guesses at what channels are present in the stream.. I need to code
> this up for doing a scan of cable when I get a card that can properly do Clear
> QAM (Unencrypted Digital Cable)..

The issue he's having isn't doing scanning.  It's that a station, which
was properly set up once, suddenly won't record because it stopped
sending TVCT.  They *are* sending PAT/PMT but their PSIP generator has
stopped inserting any PSIP whatsoever.  This is a problem that needs to
be fixed at the station, but is typical of the teething pains we're
seeing now (as you know).  I think current DVB would be more immune to
this problem than current v4l because you do some caching and don't
necessarily need the TVCT.

-Doug