[mythtv] "Avoid conflicts" also avoids input!

Ian Dall ian at beware.dropbear.id.au
Fri Apr 22 13:22:34 UTC 2005

Bruce Markey writes:
 > Ian Dall wrote:
 > > I have been puzzeld for a while why watching live tv stoped working
 > > for me.  I have 2 DVB cards, one of which also has analog acture
 > > capability.  I eventually realized that the problem was because the
 > > analog capture was selected (which has no input connected to it).
 > >
 > > It turned out that I had "Avoid conflicts between live TV and
 > > scheduled shows" selected, and that unselecting this option gave me
 > > live tv again.
 > >
 > > Now, it is certainly true that watching the empty input results in no
 > > conflicts, but it is also not very interesting. I have the input for
 > > the v4l device configured as "none" in mythtv-setup, so why would it
 > > be chosen to watch TV?
 >
 > It can't find something that isn't in the cardinput table. Take a
 > look again:
 >
 > mysql> select * from cardinput;
 >
 > Bet'cha it's there. I just added a source for an input through
 > mythtv-setup and it showed up, changed it to "(None)" and it
 > disappeared. If you have a bogus entry in cardinput that can't be
 > removed in mythtv-setup then that will need further investigation.

No that is not the problem. The "cardinput" table has just the two rows
for the DVB cards, both with source id 1.

The capturecard tables has three rows, 2 dvb cards plus a v4l card.
When I go to "Watch TV" the OSD shows "8: Composite 1" for a time
and the backend consumes a lot of CPU encoding nothing ;-(.

This is quite repeatable. Uncheck the "Avoid conflicts..." option
and this particular problem goes away.

Ian