[mythtv] No Video / fonts too big.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Sat Apr 16 02:56:09 UTC 2005

> clemens at dwf.com wrote:

> >>It's in the Wiki somewhere, but I think you basically want to check out
> >>your DisplaySize setting in your X config, and check xdpyinfo to get it
> >>down to about 100dpi, if memory serves.
> >>

> >Actually, I have DisplaySize Set in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, so this seems
> >to be a new/different problem.
> >
> >DIsplaySize says 328 246
> >
> >xdpyinfo says
> >
> >screen #0:
> >  dimensions:    1600x1200 pixels (330x248 millimeters)
> >  resolution:    123x123 dots per inch
> >

> Which is NOT 100 dpi.

OK, if I set the displaysize to 400x300, which is WAY larger than it is, I
get

screen #0:
  dimensions:	1600x1200 pixels (402x302 milimeters)
  resolution:	101x101 dots per inch

and the font size is 'reasonable'.

It would seem that there should be a 'pitch' size somewhere (I dont see it
in the xorg.conf man page) as these numbers for the dimension are WAY off.

The second point:
    I see NO difference in Font size between setting 'Small' and 'Big'
    in Utilities/Setup->Setup->Appearance->FontSize

The characters are 12mm tall in either case.

Where are THESE font sizes set?	MythTV? QT? X11?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com