[mythtv] [exp. patch] xv xvmc merge (v5)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Sat Apr 9 16:23:56 UTC 2005

I've updated the xv/xvmc merge patch. The biggest changes are some
refactoring of the CreateBuffers code and support for multiple
XvMC OSD surfaces. By default I'm creating 3 XvMC OSD surfaces,
but two are probably sufficient (this is tunable with XVMC_OSD_NUM).
Unfortunately this seems to have exposed some problems in the
buffer management so if you non OSD related problems with v4
you'll probably have more with v5.

I've also re-added the VLD hack in AvFormatDecoder::Reset(), so
XvMC-VLD may be working again...

I haven't yet tuned for XvMC for HDTV, but the OSD change helps
a little bit. Mostly this is a partial cleanup patch though.

The patch is at:
  http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/~danielk/mythtv/xv-xvmc-merge-v5.tbz

-- Daniel