[mythtv] [exp. patch] xv xvmc merge (v5)

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 17:58:28 UTC 2005

On Apr 9, 2005 10:23 AM, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cat.nyu.edu> wrote:
> I've updated the xv/xvmc merge patch. The biggest changes are some
> refactoring of the CreateBuffers code and support for multiple
> XvMC OSD surfaces. By default I'm creating 3 XvMC OSD surfaces,
> but two are probably sufficient (this is tunable with XVMC_OSD_NUM).
> Unfortunately this seems to have exposed some problems in the
> buffer management so if you non OSD related problems with v4
> you'll probably have more with v5.
>
> I've also re-added the VLD hack in AvFormatDecoder::Reset(), so
> XvMC-VLD may be working again...
>
> I haven't yet tuned for XvMC for HDTV, but the OSD change helps
> a little bit. Mostly this is a partial cleanup patch though.
>
> The patch is at:
>   http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/~danielk/mythtv/xv-xvmc-merge-v5.tbz

I'm having problems applying this patch. The apply script included gives me:

root at mythtv:~/myth-cvs/mythtv/xv-xvmc-merge # ./apply.sh
~/myth-cvs/mythtv ~/myth-cvs/mythtv/xv-xvmc-merge
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
|RCS file: /var/lib/mythcvs/mythtv/libs/libmyth/mythdeque.h,v
|retrieving version 1.1
|diff -u -r1.1 mythdeque.h
|--- libs/libmyth/mythdeque.h   7 Apr 2005 19:55:04 -0000       1.1