[mythtv] [exp. patch] xv xvmc merge (v4)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Sat Apr 9 15:15:20 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 01:30 -0400, Andy Poling wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > FYI I've generated a new xv-xvmc merge patch. See:
> >     http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/~danielk/mythtv/xv-xvmc-merge-v4.tbz
> I gave this a whirl on my nforce2 IGP system, but it didn't go very well...
>
> Any attempt to play hdtv content results in a system lockup.  In one instance,
> it played 1080i ok until I brought up the OSD, which instantly locked it up.
> In most instances, it locked up almost immediately (less than 2 seconds) upon
> starting playback.

Total system lockup? As in the drivers went to Mars? What version of
the nvidia driver are you using? If you just mean myth locked up, then
ignore the stuff about SysRq and debug kernels below.

Can you try changing:
"#define DEBUG_FRAME_LOCKS 0"
"#define DEBUG_FRAME_LOCKS 1"

and redirecting the output to a file
in bash this would be
  mythfrontend > dbg.txt 2&>1

I need both the error and standard streams. ffmpeg would
probably complain first and might make it into the file before
the crash.

Once it crashes try to use SysRq to unmount the disks and then reboot.
(I'm assuming you have a debug kernel and a backup of important data.)

> Non-hdtv content worked better, but sometimes it failed to start playing.  It
> wasn't locked up since a clear would get me back to the Recorded Programs
> screen.
Please try to get me the same kind of data when it fails to start
playing.

-- Daniel