[mythtv] Problem compiling mythmovietime

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Fri Apr 8 14:51:27 UTC 2005

Tom Lichti wrote:

> Well, I started with a stock KnoppMyth installation (which has myth
> installed in /usr) and from the very beginning I've always used
> /usr/local as the prefix when compiling from CVS. Should I remove the
> old debian Myth packages? I haven't had any problems up to now with
> compiling my own stuff.

If you have old copies of myth header files in /usr/include/mythtv
they will get used instead of the ones from /usr/local/include/mythtv
because of the search order used by the compiler.  This also applies
to /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib.

If you don't want to risk anything, just rename /usr/include/mythtv
to /usr/include/mythtv.old.  Also, move anything /usr/lib/libmyth* to
some safe place.

There is an "Update to CVS howto" that discusses what you need
to do to properly switch from using a stock installation to using CVS.

http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UpgradeToCvsHowTo

--
Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown