[mythtv] Re: DVB fix?

Thu Apr 7 23:34:11 UTC 2005

Hi Taylor,

   Just a brief follow-up WRT the DVB TS frame counting patch.  I know
you're busy, but I was hoping to get this into 0.18.  Any chance of
committing by the weekend?

On 04/04/2005, at 3:27 PM, Taylor Jacob wrote:

> I closely read what you wrote this time, and aplied it in my tree.. It
> looks ok
> to me, but I want to run it for a bit.. I think you did find a genuine
> bug, but
> I need to get a few atsc recordings to make sure I didn't miss
> something..

[snip]

>> I've had a couple of reports off-list from people saying it worked for
>> them.
>
> OK.. Like I said it looks good and isn't dodgy

I have a bad habit of fixing people's issues off-list to reduce noise.
This seems to have hurt me in this case.  There have been a few people
posting with problems that they thought were my patch, but weren't (or
were the old, broken, patch).  Because I fixed them off-list, the list
subscribers (e.g. Isaac) are left with a false impression of dodgyness
about my patch.  Any suggestions on how to keep the list low-noise
without letting other people's problems taint my patch?

Be well,

Will             :-}

P.S.  CC'd to the dev list.  Hope you don't mind.

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 9385 6357               Computer Science and Engineering