[mythtv] MacOS X partial backend implementation

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Apr 6 23:53:08 UTC 2005

> I believe a functional subset of the backend can be made for use on
> Mac OS X.

	Are you talking about a different backend program for OS X?
Or of porting all the FireWire & USB stuff in mythbackend?

> I think it can be done.

	Indeed. I have been trying to get my FireWire/USB devices
to work on Linux before attempting to port mythbackend to OS X,
but haven't gotten very far - my distro doesn't compile the
firewire parts of Myth - and have little spare time.

	To help you on your way, here is a backend port patch:
% cvs diff -u
libs/libmythtv/
{NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp,fifowriter.cpp,libmythtv.pro,videodev_myth.h}
programs/mythbackend/main*.cpp >../patch.macosx.42