[mythtv] Timezone handling bug

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 02:16:51 UTC 2005

I haven't really been following this issue, but I did notice a thread that
mentioned this has been fixed in CVS and is being backported to a 0.17.1release.
 I hope I got this right, but the dev and commit archives should confirm it
for you.
 Dave

 On Apr 5, 2005 12:10 PM, Nathan Neulinger <nneul at umr.edu> wrote:

> Same here. I just applied the +3600 hack that was described in one of
> the forums/threads - I think from myth-users.
>
> Underlying problem definately is there though.
>
> What I wonder though is - why is myth ever doing anything in other than
> UTC. Handle the timezone for display purposes and have everything else
> be in universal time.
>
> -- Nathan
>
> On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 21:07 -0500, Jonathan Watmough wrote:
> > After the spring forward, my guide data is now incorrect. I cleared
> > the program table and run mythfilldatabase again, but the data is
> > still incorrect.
> >
> > I reset the /etc/localtime link from CST6CDT which is correct, to
> > America/Chicago which should also be correct, but the problem of my
> > guide being an hour early persisted.
> >
> > The 'solution' was to temporarily link to America/New York, run
> > mythfilldatabase, then reset the link to normal.
> >
> > Mythtv appears to pick up the correct time according to my
> > /etc/localtime, but the mythfilldatabase code appears to 'lose' the
> > hour forward.
> >
> > I'm running the CVS from a few days ago, if that helps anyone.
> >
> > I looked on Google, but most peoples problem appears to be related to
> > not setting the tz properly. Am I missing something ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jonathan
> >
> --

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.