[mythtv] [exp. patch] xv xvmc merge

Aran Cox spin667 at mchsi.com
Fri Apr 1 17:16:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 07:51:16PM -0500, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> Ok, this is a big patch.
>
> It merges the XVideo and XvMC video output implementations.

I spent most of my evening last night watching 1080i programming
played back on an FX5200 using XvMC on a 720p display with bob
deinterlacing.  I used CVS from yesterday+your patch.  It worked
stunningly well.  Before I had stuttering with the OSD on screen: that
was still present but barely noticable.  I had no playback issues
really except those which I think were caused by the source.  (I need
to set up mythvideo, so I can easily compare with mplayer.)  In fact
the whole thing felt quite solid.

On my Athlon XP2100 system (compiled with -march=athlon-xp, not
pentiumpro) I think there was usually 40-45% idle.