[mythtv] Re: Testers needed: support for DVB subtitles

Pekka Jääskeläinen pekka.jaaskelainen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:46:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

>  Now I'm getting subtitles, on every channel, as far as I know. But playing
> with TS stream, particularly with channels that have subtitles, seem to cause a lot of
> instability. The mythfrontend crashes constantly. Might this relate to TS (I'm using 0.17,
> not CVS by the way)?

If you want to help track down the cause of this, I suggest you to get
the CVS HEAD, configure it with --compile-type=debug, do a full
recompile (to get the debug symbols), and allow mythfrontend to dump
core (command 'ulimit -c unlimitedŽ before starting it).

Using the core dump and gdb you can get the backtrace to tell the
exact location where the crash happened including the call path (gdb
-c core $(which mythfrontend), after gdb finishes loading the program
write "bt[enter]"), This should help some developer to track and fix
this more quickly.

Greets,
--
--PJ