[mythtv] mythbackend deleted all my shows

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Sep 22 20:34:34 EDT 2004

> I am currently using 0.16 and I have been using myth since 0.7 and my
> problem started around 0.15.
>
> What is happening is the mythbackend see that it needs more space and
> deletes a .nuv but the backend still has the file open so the space is
> not recovered.   And then it just keeps deleting programs till there is
> no shows left to delete.

So your backend had all your recordings open at the same time?

The auto-expire code should only delete 1 file every 10 minutes using
the default setting, so to delete 637 files would have taken it over 4 days.
Did the backend have these files open the whole time?  Or maybe you set
your AutoExpireFrequency to 0 somehow and it just kept looping.  That
still wouldn't explain why you think it had all the recordings open (hence
never really freeing up space even though it deleted the files).

--

Chris