[mythtv] pcHDTV NTSC<->ATSC

Todd Freeman freeman at andrews.edu
Mon Sep 13 15:46:59 EDT 2004

Howdy all...

I have been salivating over what my pcHDTV card can do in ATSC mode... and now have gotten it in my head to go ahead and see if I can get Mythtv to use it in both NTSC and ATSC mode...

Before I go doing massive code writing I wanted to check and see who the programmers were that are working on the core pcHDTV stuff for Mythtv.

Basically I don't want to step on anyones toes or to dupe effort that is already being worked on.

So far I have noticed that with the card set as a pcHDTV card you are locked into ATSC no matter what the channel table says the channel really is. I have thought of a couple fairly easy ways out of this...

Also perculating in my head is the idea to have mythtv change it's capture type and also switch the pchdtv over on channel change.

Anyways... any info would be great

Keep up the good work everyone!

--
Todd Freeman  Ext 6103                   .^.    Don't fear the penguins!
Programming Department                   /V\