Feedback Request: Re: [mythtv] MythMusic metadata read/write rewrite... stumbling block....

Colin Guthrie myth at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Oct 29 20:19:03 UTC 2004

thor wrote:

>>3. Add EasyTag as an extra external library.
>
>  Hmmm. EasyTag is an executable, and relies on a library that Isaac mentions
> is crap (if I remember this correctly). Not quite sure what you mean here?

Sorry, was going insane. I mean TagLib as an extra external Library. I
didn't mean EasyTag at all. Just got me words jumbled up!!

Here's the link again.
http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib.html

>>4. Include EasyTag in MythMusics CVS and integrate it's build into the
>>rest of the build for MythMusic.
>
>  Ibid.

Er, noting now that I /meant/ TagLib, perhaps you can comment again? :)

>>So, er, what shoud I do? For what it's worth, 3 is the nicest if the
>>dependancy can be stomached, 2 is proably the simplest (just a small
>>algorithm to post process the LAME encoded file). 1 is probably the most
>>work, but would benefit more people.
>

>  I'm obviously not understanding 3, but I'd vote for 1 (I think).

Nah, I'm obviously not saying 3 right ;)

1 is probably OK for me. Just a bit of reading and I should be cool.

Still, 3 is still easier, and now that I've got my words/program/library
names right!, what do you think?

Cheers.

Col