[mythtv] MacOS X binary

Jan Örnstedt ornstedt at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 6 10:15:24 UTC 2004

Hi again,

Just wanted to answer to some of the feedback I got.
Thanks for all the cheers. I put this together and will submit the build
to Darwinports and then anyone can build this app and tweak it as they
like.

Current limitations of the port so far:
 * Video size is as it was recorded. No resizing occurs.
 * It is a power monger.. on my 2*1.42 GHz watching live PAL
   TV requires 150% CPU.... Viewing a recorded moving with same
   quality using VLC only requires 30%.
   So anyone fancy optimizing the code for MacOSX are welcome.
   You can probably find a lot of useful info checking the source
   code for VLC (www.videolan.org).
 * It only runs in full screen.
 * There probably is some isues with deinterlacing.

But it is the first step towards something useful...

You probably need ~2Ghz to run full quality today.

/Janne