[mythtv] MacOS X binary

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 6 05:54:09 UTC 2004

On Oct 4, 2004, at 17:56, Jan Örnstedt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a darwinports port for mythtv. I will submit it when I
> have resolved a quirk with qt3-mac 3.3.3. It builds nicely with 3.3.2.
>
> This port is based on mythtv-0.16 and has Nigels mac patches 32 & 33
> applied.
> It also has some patches to make it completly self contained.
> To make it easier to boot strap it also contains Nigels mysql.txt
> patch.
> All libs and the binary is in one App which can be moved around via
> drag
> & drop.
> The default install is however in /Applications/Darwinports.
>
> It also has a nice icon based on Titivillus theme
> thanks to Ashley Clark making the Icon.
>
> If you want to try it out here is a disk image with a pkg.
>
> http://www.ornstedt.nu/mythtv-0.16.dmg
>
> Any comments are welcome!

Just dropped this on my desktop Mac (dual 800MHz G4, 1.5GB of RAM and a
64MB GeForce 3 video card, Mac OS X 10.3.5), and it looks pretty solid.

The video playback doesn't scale to fit the screen (1600x1200), and
doesn't respect the run-in-a-window setting (I've got the UI set for an
800x600 window now, but when I go to watch a recording, it takes up the
full screen, though the video only occupies the tiny bit in the center
of the screen). However, the video playback is perfectly smooth.

Audio seems to be slightly out of sync, but not by much. Just tried
Live TV, and I just get a black screen, and at least linear blend deint
doesn't seem to be working, but still very cool. Definitely going to
play with this some more though...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com