[mythtv] FIX "do not autoexpire" Flag made persistent

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Tue Oct 5 14:41:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 11:08:30PM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> henri <henri at qais.com>:
> > and, it seems to me that this is already the case. if you
> > have 2 "record" entries for the same show visually you are
> > going to see more than the X episodes you selected in your
> > "Max Episodes" in one of the recording options.
>
> Actually since the Max Episodes is applied by title, if you have 2
> scheduled recordings for the same title, the one with the lowest Max Episodes
> is the one that _should_ matter.  The Max Episodes code just checks titles, so
> it will only keep a total of X Max Episodes no matter how many
> scheduled recording entries were used to record the shows.

IMHO, the Max Episodes code should forget about using title and just
check recordid.  Voila, the "which Max Episodes to use" problem goes
away and Max Episodes will then automagically work for search record
rules too.  For the problem of wanting to keep selected recordings
when "Max Episodes" is used (which I would like to do), we can just
provide a way to detach a recording from its original recording rule
be clearing the saved recordid.

David
--
David Engel