[mythtv] Tuning TV via scan

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 23:15:13 UTC 2004

Xawtv will not work with a PVR-350.  The PVR-350
outputs MPEG-2 streams, whereas the bttv cards (for
which xawtv was designed) output a different format
(YUV, perhaps?).

(At least some of) the ioctl operations for the
PVR-350 are different than those for the bttv cards,
so it's not surprising that programs written for bttv
cards wouldn't work with the PVR-350.

-- Joe