[mythtv] DVB patch

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Fri Nov 19 01:08:04 UTC 2004

This seems like a time to bring up another problem I've noticed with the
transponder list. If you scan a network with multiple transponders that
are on the same frequency (like the spot beam transponders on Echostar
110W/119W) you will end up with with multiple copies of the same channel
in in the database, with one copy pointing to each of the transponders
at that frequency. Also if none of the transponders are accessible in
your area you will end up scanning the same dead frequency four or five
times.

I'm not sure what the best way is to handle this. If it is not vital
that the channels map to the proper transponder *number* then it's
simply a manner of adjusting the scanner to add "GROUP BY frequency" to
the SQL statement that retrieves the list of transponders to cancel. The
other option is to add another column to dvb_transponders that allows a
transponder to be marked as "do not scan." Whether or not this can be
filled in automatically based on data in the stream I do not know. I
will try to look into it this weekend.

--
Joshua M. Thompson <funaho at jurai.org>