[mythtv] Mac OS X CVS compilation errors

Chris Birkinshaw chris at postbox.org.uk
Thu Nov 18 20:10:48 UTC 2004

On 17 Nov 2004, at 23:51, Nigel Pearson wrote:

>> I instaled mac os 10.3.6 clean because of the troubles compiling
>> mythtv. In the install options I ticked X11, and then afterwards I
>> installed the xcode tools (otherwise it isn't possible to build
>> anything at all, since xcode supplies gcc). In the xcode tools
>> installer I checked all the default stuff, including the X11 SDK.
>
> 	OK. It shouldn't really matter, no need to start afresh.
>

>> I then compiled and installed freetype and lame from a terminal
>> window, but could not compile qt without errors,
>
> 	As an aside, do you remember what the errors were?

The errors were:

kernel/qapplication_mac.cpp: In static member function `static void
    QApplication::flush()':
kernel/qapplication_mac.cpp:2994: error: 'struct QWExtra' has no member
named '
    has_dirty_area'
kernel/qapplication_mac.cpp:2996: error: 'struct QWExtra' has no member
named '
    has_dirty_area'
kernel/qapplication_mac.cpp:2997: error: 'struct QWExtra' has no member
named '
    dirty_area'
kernel/qapplication_mac.cpp:2998: error: 'struct QWExtra' has no member
named '
    dirty_area'
kernel/qapplication_mac.cpp:2999: error: `clippedRegion' undeclared
(first use
    this function)
kernel/qapplication_mac.cpp:3011: error: `propagateUpdates' undeclared
(first
    use this function)
kernel/qapplication_mac.cpp:3012: error: parse error before `::' token
kernel/qapplication_mac.cpp: At global scope:
kernel/qapplication_mac.cpp:3021: error: no `bool
    QApplication::qt_mac_apply_settings()' member function declared in
class `
    QApplication'
kernel/qapplication_mac.cpp: In function `void
    __static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)':
kernel/qapplication_mac.cpp:772: warning: statement with no effect
{standard input}:603:Ignoring attempt to re-define symbol.
{standard input}:606:Ignoring attempt to re-define symbol.
make[2]: *** [.obj/release-shared-mt/qapplication_mac.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sub-src] Error 2
make: *** [init] Error 2

>>  so used a qt-mac-free-3.3.0 installer pachage instead.
>
> 	That is likely to be your problem. Either 3.3.0 is too old,
> or its qmake isn't defining the macros to use the mac blocks.
>
> 	At the toplevel, try:
>
> make clean
> qmake -macx mythtv.pro QMAKE='qmake -mac'
> make

This produced the same errors as before.

> 	If it is still broken, email me libs/libavcodec/Makefile

I have attached the file.

I am shifting this discussion over to the users list.....