[mythtv] BIG DVB PATCH V2.1

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 18 19:23:14 UTC 2004

> I've seen your posts about the NIT and I tried to pay an extra attention to
> that. I've seen your reply to the v1.0 patch comments  and I think you
> mentioned that you tested with the CCTV chennels on the 95W sat. That's why I
> used the same sat for testing. Before i was testing with 121W, 119W and 110W.
> I tried to scan the TP that has NASA channel and GOL TV on the two echostars,
> but with the same results. So I moved to 97W tried scanning there and the
> finally moved to 95W. That's where the results are from.

What are the "same results".. Without more information it's hard for me to
help..  Are you using a circular LNB for 119 and 110?   Only 121 works with a
linear LNB..

> Q1. What do you mean by "if you dump it"?

Use dvbsnoop to dump the NIT table.

> Q2. how do you determine that i was tuned to -130?

It wasn't but the NIT (Network Information Table) sent by the satellite has
invalid information in it.  For a DVB-S NIT entry the Longitude of the
satellite is included as well and this is one field that clearly shows how
incorrect the data is..

> I use an FTA reciever to position my sat. The freq. SR FEC and all I got from
> lyngsat and my FTA reciever. All the values seemed to be right

Why don't you try the poisitioner code in the patches?  If you want to use the
GoTo X support be sure to edit the earth station latitude and longitude in
libs/libmythtv/dvbdiseqc.cpp.. I would love to know how this works for others..