[mythtv] Both ATSC and NTSC on HD-3000?

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Wed Nov 17 01:45:55 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 14:45 -0800, potuncle at enjoyingeugene.com wrote:

> I understand the problem with using both tuners is that MythTV won't know
> that it cannot use both at the same time. How difficult would this be to
> fix? Could a configuration setting be added to tell MythTV that no matter
> how many tuners it has that it still can only be using one at a time?

Assuming you can use the same antenna to get both I would think the
simplest way to get this working in Myth is to modify the internal
pcHDTV support code to expose the ATSC and NTSC tuners of the card as
different inputs. You'd then create two separate video sources and map
one to the NTSC tuner and one to ATSC tuner. Myth would then naturally
know that it can't use both inputs at once.

I have a card on order so perhaps I can play with this after it arrives,
in between fiddling with the new DVB patches. :)

--
Joshua M. Thompson <funaho at jurai.org>