[mythtv] Re: request: OSX mythfrontend and winmyth for CVS backend

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Nov 16 20:59:14 UTC 2004

Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> I know that there are others out there who would like this, too (Beirdo
> being one of them), and since I'm guessing that you're already
> compiling
> cvs-compatible copies for your own development, it wouldn't be that
> hard
> to post copies for download.  (and I'm hoping that since Isaac just
> approved a versioning scheme for cvs binaries, this will all stay
> kosher
> with him and the other lead devs).

On 15/11/2004, at 11:51 AM, Gavin Hurlbut augmented:
> I second the request.  I would really like to get my OS X building
> worked out,
> but it would be nice to have prebuilt CVS OS X frontends.

	I would be happy to do this, but I cannot really afford
too buy >20MB storage somewhere on the InterNet just so that
people could actually grab it.

	Plus, having prebuilt binaries only means that you will
discover bugs faster, not necessarily that they will be fixed
any faster. The developer's free time, and the judgement of
the committers, is still the bottleneck.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Gentlemen,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  you can't fight in here