[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Nov 14 19:44:09 UTC 2004

David Engel wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 02:58:31PM -0500, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>

>>Was the removal of all speeds less than 5x and the equalization of the
>>three adjustment arrays to all be equal (and 0) and intentional change
>>or one of the issues that need worked out?  Right now that's a huge
>>chunk of usability gone.
>>

>Speeds less than 5x are already handled by fast/slow motion.  In case
>it's not clear, the new speeds are relative to real time while the old
>speeds were relative to an arbitrary ff/rew speed.

But those require additional buttons on the remote.  It's far simpler to
have one FFWD and REW button than  two sets.  If the new code can't
provide the same functionality as the old then it's kinda silly to put
it in IMO since the benefits don't out weigh the loss in functionality
unless I'm completely missing something here.

>In my last, pre-commit patch, I asked for suggestions for new
>repositioning values.  Nobody responded.  If nobody does, I'll fill
>them in with my own choices.  I've been sick the last few days so
>haven't been able to do anything.

What's wrong with the existing ones?