[mythtv] HDTV in program guide, PIP

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Sun Nov 14 13:42:22 UTC 2004

Wendy Seltzer wrote:
> I'd say these are low priority updates.  Since recordings from these
> channels look good in the preview window on the "watch recordings" page,
> it seems the code exists to create live thumbnails at the right aspect
> ratio.  Can that same code be used in these inset windows?

It actually doesn't; the fact that the preview thumbnail is correct is
the result of two bugs that cancel each other out :-) : (a) the
thumbnail is always generated at 4:3 regardless of the program's aspect
ratio, and (b) in the frontend's GUI, all images are scaled more in the
X direction than in Y when displaying to a 16:9 screen.  Try MythWeb
sometime -- you'll see the thumbnails for 16:9 programs are incorrect.

This is actually on my list of things to look at; perhaps I'll get to it
  soonish, and if I do I'll take a look at the other things you noted.

-Doug