[mythtv] Re: Re: MacOS X binary Rev1 released

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Thu Nov 4 03:16:24 UTC 2004

Still loving the mac client. I have a couple comments to pass on to
the god's though... ;-)

- I am using a 15" aluminum powerbook and unfortunately the screen
dims and eventually turns off according to my settings in the Energy
Saver prefpane. When using other MPlayer or VLC, they keep the
display from going to sleep while video is playing. Is it possible to
have mythtvfrontend behave the same? Ideally, I suppose it shouldn't
sleep the display while video is actually playing, although I guess
it would be beneficial if it were allowed to sleep when not playing
video (such as when in a menu).

- Although mythtvfrontend seems to be running well, everytime I quit
the frontend I get an error message saying that the application
unexpectedly quit. Are others having this problem. If someone thinks
they could track it down, I'd be happy to provide the details from
the crash report.

Thanks again to everyone working on this, I really love it!

Brad