[mythtv] mythTV at the CeBIT (was: Offficial Hauppauge MythTV product ?)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Mar 24 06:07:32 EST 2004

Dear mythTV users and developers,

[crossposting on both lists, as I feel this is very valuable for both
groups]

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 10:43:31PM +0000, Mark Cooper wrote:
> According to e-consultancy.com (
> http://www.e-consultancy.com/newsfeatures/154840/hauppauge-outlines-product-roadmap-at-cebit.html
> ), quoting from a Hauppauge press release about their future roadmap
> for new technologies and products, Hauppauge is presenting a PVR
> Linux system based on the WinTV PVR=250 in combination with the
> MythTV program!

Hauppauge has offered hardware (a P4 based standards PC with two
PVR-250 cards and NVIDIA Graphics card) and booth time for a mythTV
presentation. The system was (is) presented under "Partner
applications" as mythTV (and not a Hauppauge product) next to a
Fujitsu-Siemens Activity Mediacenter and a Windows system with Sage
TV. Over the weekend the folks from myHTPC/meedio were also at the
same spot at the booth presenting their upcoming release.

From Hauppauge's POV this demonstration should both show how home
users can have a killer PVR/Media Center application running in a home
grown system, as well as giving OEM people the chance to investigate
into creating mythTV based setup boxes.

I must admit I was overwhelmed by both interest groups. Many OEMs, and
even "competitor" Software companies, have been asking about mythTV
developers' contacts. So possibly there will be business generated out
of mythTV soon, just like some companies have already started to do
so. Developers interested in getting involved (e.g. for 3rd level OEM
support) should please contact me off-list.

I have also gathered some valuable content realted feedback from
users/OEMs, which I will cast in further mails on the dev list.

Many thanks to all people helping during the CeBIT setup, especially
the development folks keeping the CVS release-quality stable! :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net